The Ontario Securities Commission recently published a report summarizing capital raising activity by issuers in Ontario’s exempt market. Findings from the report include:
- increased activity in 2016
- significant participation from foreign issuers, including the U.S.
- no reported use of Ontario’s new crowdfunding rule
In June 2017, the Ontario Securities Commission (the “OSC”) published OSC Staff Notice 45-715 2017 Ontario Exempt Market Report (the “Report”), which summarizes capital raising activity in Ontario’s exempt market (i.e. financings made other than by way of a prospectus).
The Report is a useful resource for businesses looking to raise capital from Canadian investors, including businesses … Continue Reading
The following article by Robert O. Hansen, Genevieve Pinto, Heidi Gordon, David Badour and Nathan Montgomery may be of interest to readers of this blog: Ontario Proposes Four New Capital Raising Prospectus Exemptions
On March 20, 2014, the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) published for comment proposed rules for four new exemptions to the prospectus requirement:
- an offering memorandum prospectus exemption (OM Exemption)
- a family, friends and business associates prospectus exemption (FFBA Exemption)
- an existing security holders prospectus exemption (Existing Holders Exemption)
- a crowdfunding prospectus exemption (Crowdfunding Exemption)
The proposed exemptions are intended to facilitate the ability of … Continue Reading